Friday, January 22, 2010

The tale of the Good "Sam"aritan

My husband coined that phrase and I thought it quite appropriate for this post.

"Sam", the poor little cat found hanging by his back leg from a planter stand, is now minus one leg but has a growing fan club of people who care an awful lot about his well being.


That he is still alive and receiving this care and affection is because of two people who cared. They called two more people who got involved. These people delivered Sam to concerned and skilled people who gave Sam emergency care and so on, and so on.

Each person made a difference in Sam's life. No one knew him, no one owned him, Sam will not bring fame or fortune to anyone who has made a difference in his young life.


Anne - Sam's current foster mom

He was just a poor, helpless, living creature who needed help. Abe Lincoln is attributed with saying "When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion." There's something very right about that.

Sam will get great care and attention as he recovers and learns how to get around on 3 legs. We'll all be watching him and cheering him on. As soon as he's well we will find him a home.


No comments:

Post a Comment